Everything You Need to Know About Gallinee Youthful Serum
Gallinee believe that youth is something to cultivate. Highly concentrated in actives, this Gallinée serum helps stimulate cell renewal, thanks to a cocktail of innovative bacteria. The Fern prebiotics helps to provide an immediate lifting effect and the lactic acid improves the radiance.
Gallinée Youthful Serum leaves your skin feeling nourished and radiant, with a youthful glow. Complexion is brighter and skin texture is improved, whilst reducing the appearance of fine lines and supporting the skin's good bacteria.
This serum feels very light, yet is extremely hydrating. This is because it is oil free!
The skin has a layer on top of your cells called the acid mantle. This physical protection is made of loads of components with fancy names (nmf forever!). They help form a film on the skin and prevent water from escaping. And that’s why the most efficient way of hydrating your skin is not by putting water on it, it’s to prevent your own water from escaping. That’s how scientists actually measure hydration and dehydration on the skin. The scientific name is trans-epidermal water loss. One way to reduce this is to put oil or other film-forming molecules on the skin that will trap the water in the skin. Another way is to help the skin and its microbiome to build the skin barrier itself. Probiotics are really good at this, as they also feed the bacteria that will release components of the acid mantle. And with this, no oils are involved.
What else do we love about this serum?
“One thing that always surprises people when they try Gallinée is how light the textures are.” Marie Drago, Gallinée’s founder
This serum is jam-packed full of bacteria! In fact, when asked why this Gallinee serum is so special, Marie (founder) answers, "because no one has tried to put that many bacteria in a bottle before"! Not only Lactobocilli, which Gallinee use in many of their products, but also Lactococcus, which helps stimulate the skin renewal process, keeping skin looking young and plump: which explains the name 'Youthful serum'! The serum also boasts a double-action fern extract which is a great tensing active; making skin look firmer.
This is a water-based serum, meaning it doesn't leave a greasy, oily residue like other serums might. Ideal for morning routines as it won't feel uncomfortable under makeup. It also, of course, is silicone-free.
What are the key ingredients?
Key ingredients in the Gallinee Youthful Serum include..
- Probiotics: A powerful cocktail of bacteria from the Lactobacillus and Lactococcus families, these probiotics are extremely gentle on the skin and help to support the microbiome and stimulate cells renewal.
- Prebiotics: A mix of ultra-gentle fibres and sugars that feed your skin’s good bacteria and help support the skin’s barrier, with an antibacterial action against bad bacteria.
- Fern Extract: Gallinée is using a specific polysaccharide extracted from fern for its prebiotic effect and its unique properties to help reveal skin that is firmer and appears lifted.
- Lactic Acid: The gentlest of AHAs, lactic acid helps the skin to stay at its optimal pH level and has hydrating and softening properties. Gallinée uses a slow-release form to suit even sensitive skin.
- Physiological PH: All Gallinée products are made to match the optimal pH of the skin and the microbiome.
What are probiotics used for in skincare?
Probiotics is a powerful cocktail of bacteria from the lactobacillus and lactococcus families, these probiotics are extremely gentle on the skin and help support the microbiome and stimulate cell renewal.
What are prebiotics used for in skincare?
Prebiotics skincare is a mix of ultra-gentle fibres and sugars that feed your skin’s good bacteria and help support the skin’s barrier, with an antibacterial action against bad bacteria.
Is Gallinee vegan?
Yes! Gallinee use no ingredients from animal origin and products have never been tested on animals.